Ijen Crater Tour Package, Mount Bromo Tour Package, Blue Fire Ijen Crater
Mount Ijen Tour Package from Bali 1 Day
20 August 2022 467x Tour Package From Bali
Mount Ijen Tour | Mount Ijen is actually situated in East Java, away from the hustle and bustle of central Bali. The nearest airport to Ijen is Banyuwangi airport, so you may wish to fly there and stay in the area for a few days before and after completing your hike.
However, the most common way to get there is to drive to north Bali, take a 45-minute boat ride to Java and then you will only be about an hour drive from Mount Ijen. On our private Mount Ijen Tour, we actually provide all the transportation so no need to worry about the planning, tickets, etc. The total travel time will take around 5-8 hours, depending on your exact location in Bali.
However, it is worth noting that Java is quite different from Bali, there are much fewer tourists and local transportation is modest, to say the least. Many Javanese do not speak English well and facilities and restaurants are much more limited here.
Don’t get us wrong, this is all part of Java’s charm and why we love it so much but it is definitely something to consider when planning a trip to Mount Ijen.
In terms of when to go, the dry season in Bali is April-October. This is probably the best time of year but it is also the busiest so you may consider going outside of these months. To be honest, it’s perfectly fine to visit all year round, there’s just a slightly higher chance of a shower if you go during the wet season in Bali.
But you might actually be thankful for the opportunity to cool down when you’re halfway through your hike!
Mount Ijen Tour from Bali 1 Day | Ijen crater tour
Ijen Volcano Tour is probably one of my favorite tourism destinations for first-time visitors in Indonesia. The landscape is out of this world. One of the highlights of visiting Ijen is the blue flames, which you can only see at night.
The flames appear at the base of the Ijen crater and are caused by sulphuric gas catching fire. You can find an article about the flames in National Geographic here. Ijen Volcano is a Stratovolcano mountain which is located on the border between Banyuwangi Regency and Bondowoso Regency, East Java, Indonesia. Ijen Crater (Kawah Ijen) has the highest peak of 2.799 meters above sea level.
I’ve been the iconic places, even been the favorite destination for the tourists. Why? Because we ensure you that if the Ijen Crater is the best choice for their vacations. Ijen crater has all the wonderful things, that you want to see it. The turquoise Lake, that’s what the tourist called Ijen Crater, is one of the Instagramable places to take some photos. Ijen Crater Lake has a depth of 200 meters, and the crater has a high acidity that is close to zero.
So that could dissolve the human body quickly. When we see the crater lake from the peak of Ijen Mountain we will see the oldest dam of Ijen Crater. The Ijen Crater Dam has built when in the Dutch era. It functions to avoid the overflow of crater water. You can also see the best sunrise ever and the rare phenomenon which is only two in the world, after Iceland, it is called “BLUE FIRE”.
The blue fire has been there a few hundred years ago or maybe a thousand years ago. And yet, its existence was known around 1950. Blue fire formed because the solfatara hole with sufficient hot temperature (600 degrees Celcius) is burning the closest sulfurs.
Well, how we can go On the mount ijen tour starting from Bali?
Starting from Denpasar Airport, Kuta, Ubud, Sanur, or any other places in Bali, our English-speaking driver will pick you up at 6 pm, with an AC vehicle to bring you to the most western part of Bali in Gilimanuk (Ferry terminal to Java). The trip takes about 4 hours.
Once in Gilimanuk, the ferry ride takes 1 hour to reach Ketapang (Banyuwangi ferry terminal). Remember that Java is h-1 compared to Bali.
From there, at around 12:00 am we will bring you to the Paltuding rest area (1-1,5 hours). The road offers a number of magic landscapes in the middle of rice fields, small villages and one one the last primary tropical rainforest left on Java island rounded by numerous volcanoes. You will mainly enjoy those sceneries on the way back during the daytime.
From Paltuding Area, at around 1:30 am, you will start hiking to Ijen Crater. It takes about 1:30 -1:45 minutes for the 3km hike following a gentle slope and slightly uphill to reach the summit.
The path is pretty well maintained and in good condition and other views of rounding volcanoes and luxurious vegetation will accompany your journey. From the crater rim, providing you a gas mask, we will bring you down to see the blue fire right on the edge of the acidic lake (temperature of the lake: +- 40°c; Ph: 0,5; max depth:+-200m).
The laker is also the source for the river Banyupahit, resulting in highly acidic and metal-enriched river water which has a significant detrimental effect on the downstream river ecosystem.
Hike to go down (+- 45mins, rocky).
After enjoying the spectacular Blue Fire, we go back to the crater rim to enjoy the sunrise over the entire volcanic area.
The hike to go down takes about 45mins – 1h. The driver will pick you up in Paltuding to go to have breakfast. After breakfast, we continue our journey to the Ketapang ferry terminal to cross to Bali (ferry +-1h).
Once in Bali, it takes about 4-5 hours to reach Denpasar, Ubud, Kuta, or Sanur. (Keep in mind that Bali is H+1 compared to java time). ARRIVAL at your final destination at 3-4 pm
DETAIL TIME | Ijen Blue Fire
- 06.00: pick up service
- 07.00-11.00 pm: drive to Gilmanuk harbor
- 11.00-12.00 am: go to java by ferry
- 12.00-01.00 am: drive to the Ijen parking area
- 01.00-02.30 am: hiking to the Ijen crater rim
- 02.30-03.00 am: down the crater for blue fire
- 03.00-04.00 am: experience the blue fires0
- 4.00-05.00 am: back to the crater rim
- 05.00-06.00 am: enjoy the view over the acidic lake and sunrise
- 06.00-07.00 am: back to the parking area
- 07.00-08.00 am: breakfast
- 08.00-04.00 pm: back to Bali ( Ubud )
- 4.00 PM: finish the program
- 1 pax: IDR. 3.200.000
- 2 pax: IDR. 1.887.000/pax
- 3 pax: IDR. 1.543.000/pax
- 4 pax: IDR. 1.453.000/pax
- 5 pax: IDR. 1.424.000/pax
- 6 pax: IDR. 1.400.000/pax
- 7 pax: IDR. 1.342.000/pax
- 8 pax: IDR. 1.220.000/pax
- 9 pax: IDR. 1.133.000/pax
- 10 pax: IDR. 1.100.000/pax
- Transportation from Bali to Java
- Entrance fee
- Trekking guide
- gas mask
- local breakfast
- Lunch and dinner
- tipping guide and driver
Quick summary of the Ijen Volcano tour from Bali One Day
– Pick up from the requested pick-up location at Bali
– Going to Gilimanuk ferry port
– Check in the ferry, going to Ketapang ferry port
– Going to Ijen basecamp (Paltuding)
– Coffee break/safety briefing
– Hiking to Ijen Volcano
– Blue flames and Ijen crater sightseeing
– Back to Basecamp
– Going to Banyuwangi, breakfast at a restaurant
– Going to ferry port
– Drop off service to Bali area (Kuta, Denpasar, Seminyak, Canggu, Ubud)
OTHER PACKAGE: FOR IJEN VOLCANO
The things that you should bring during the trip Mount Ijen tour :
– Decent shoes for hiking or trekking (with a good grip on its sole)
– Light clothes for trekking (inner layer)
– Gloves / any personal items needed to prevent cold weather
– Warm jacket (preferably windproof)
– Raincoat and tissues (available at basecamp)
– Small backpack to carry items
– Cap or hat (it gets sunny after morning)
– Personal ID card
– Snacks or any light meals needed for long trekking
– Camera or any other tools to capture pictures
Read before you book the mount ijen tour:
– Destination area is restricted to people with asthma
– Destination area is restricted to people with heart disease
– Destination area is restricted to people with serious medical issues
It– Not recommended for pregnant travelers
It– Not recommended for travelers with back problems
– Advised for fit and healthy traveler
What’s the best time to pick up and start the tour:
Pemuteran: 09.30 PM (30 minutes to harbor)
Lovina: 09.00 PM (1,5 hours to harbor)
Munduk: 08.00 PM (2 hours to harbor)
Ubud: 07.00 PM (4 hours to harbor)
Sanur: 06.30 PM (4-5 hours to harbor)
Kuta: 06.30 PM (4-5 hours to harbor)
Jimbaran: 06.30 PM (4-5 hours to harbor)
Uluwatu: 06.00 PM (5-6 hours to harbor)
Seminyak: 07.00 PM (4-5 hours to harbor)
Canggu: 07.00 PM (4-5 hours to harbor)
Booking your trip Now
If you have any questions, please contact us.