The blue fire is ignited sulphuric gas, which is emerges from cracks at temperatures up to 600 degrees Celcius (1,112 degrees Farenheit). Those gases are directly originated from the magmatic chamber under the volcano. The flames could be up to 5 meters high; some of the gas condenses to liquid and is still ignited. It is the largest blue flame area in the world and one of the purest sulfur mine. Escaping volcanic gases are channeled through a network of ceramic pipes, resulting in condensation of molten sulfur. The sulfur which is deep red in colour when molten, pours slowly from the ends of these pipes and pools on the ground, turning bright yellow as it cools. The miners break the cooled material into large pieces and carry it away in baskets. Miners carry loads ranging from 75 kilograms to 90 kilograms, up 300 meters to the crater rim, with a gradient of 45 to 60 degrees and most miners make this journey twice a day (resources by wikipedia).
Pick up service
- Hotel in Banyuwangi
- Ketapang Harbor
- Karangasem Station ( recomended )
- Banyuwangi Baru Station
- All that thing its depending from your personal itinerary.
- 12.00 am : pick up service
- 01.00 am : arrive in ijen parking area
- 01.00 am : trekking to ijen crater
- 03.00 am : arrive in blue fire spot and explore blue fire
- 04.00 am : walk up to see the sunrise ( explore ijen from above )
- 06.00 am : back to parking area
- 07.00 am : arrive in parking
- 08.00 am : back to hotel
- 09.30 am : arrive in hotel and program finish
Price List : Meeting Point : Banyuwangi
- 1 pax Rp. 1.105.000
- 2 Pax Rp. 1.365.000
- 3 pax Rp. 1.560.000
- 4 pax Rp. 1.950.00
- 5 pax Rp. 2.340.000
- Tour guide
- entrance ticket
- gas mask
- Anything that is not specifically mentioned in the “inclusions”
- Personal expenses
- Surcharging applies during high season/holidays.
- Tiping guide and driver
If you have any questions, please contact us.