Ijen Crater Tour Package, Mount Bromo Tour Package, Blue Fire Ijen Crater
5 Tips to see Blue fire kawah ijen
10 April 2019 153x Articles
Blue fire kawah ijen | Things you need to bring for the hike
- Torches (either hand torches or headlamps. We opted for the headlamps to keep our hands free), although I took both, just in case the battery would run out in the night
- Gloves (it is cold up there, but they even serve you well when you go down the crater and have to hold on to sharp rocks)
- Gas masks, which you need as protection against dense clouds of toxic gases like sulfur dioxide. You cannot stay for a long time in those gases without a mask. It all depends on the wind if you will encounter a lot of those toxic gases on the day of your climb.
Some normal protection masks, just in case you don’t like to breathe in the sulfur smell and it disturbs you.
- Some people wore them already on the way leading to the crater rim, while others felt absolutely no need to use them at such an early stage. I was one of them not needing them early on, but it really varies from person to person. Go with what makes you comfortable. No advice fits all.
- Warm clothes. Now, do not expect the service of a “mobile second-hand winter clothes store” from your guide, but we were very lucky that Pierrick was so kind to come with a “magic” bag full of warm jackets, jumpers, etc. Let’s face it, who comes to Bali or lives there and has polar clothes in their suitcase? So, most of us were very happy to dig into the bag and I ended up with 4 layers of clothes because it does really get cold at night.
Blue fire phenomenon | Kawah Ijen, East Java Indonesia
Blue fire phenomenon | This phenomenon can only be seen 1 hour after sunset and 1 hour before sunrise. We can see blue fire all night from 6 pm until 4.30 am.
Ijen Blue Fire | Blue fire phenomenon
As with every natural sighting, its height and intensity depend on various conditions and cannot be predicted. The flames have been known to reach more than 5 meters in height but this is not always the case. No matter what, it is always a unique experience and you are guaranteed to get some pretty amazing photographs!
The lava molten rock that emerges from the Earth at ultra-high temperatures isn’t colored significantly different than the lava at other volcanoes, which all differ slightly based on their mineral composition but appear a bright red or orange color in their molten state.
But at Kawah Ijen, extremely high quantities of sulfuric gases emerge at high pressures and temperatures (sometimes more than 600°C) along with the lava.
When sulfur from within the volcano breaches the surface, it can reach temperatures up to 600°C( 1, 112°F), and therefore the sulfur immediately encounters lower temperatures and pressures at the surface, which causes the sulfur to right away ignite and erupt blue flames up to five meters ( 16 ft) into the air.
How to see the Blue fire phenomenon
Trekking to the summit of Mount Ijen to see blue fire began at midnight (around 1:00 dawn) of Pos Paltuding (the last post for all the Ijen crater tour to make the climb) with a long climb to the crater of Mount Ijen 1.5 to 2 hours trekking and so far 3 km.
The best time to see the Blue fire phenomenon
During the rainy season, Mt Ijen’s blue flames are weaker, while in the dry season they are bigger. The dry season, between July and September, is the best time to climb Mt Ijen. The sandy mountain path will be dry, hence it will not be slippery and be safer for visitors.
the Blue fire phenomenon Tour Package
Mount Ijen Blue fire tour from Bali 1 Day | Ijen crater tour
Mount Ijen Blue fire tour is probably one of my favorite tourist destinations for first-time visitors in Indonesia. The landscape is out of this world. One of the highlights of visiting Ijen is the blue flames, which you can only see at night.
Well, how we can go On the Mount Ijen Blue fire tour starting from Bali?
|07.00||: pick up service|
|07.00-11.00 pm||: drive to Gilmanuk harbor|
|11.00-12.00 am||: go to java by ferry|
|12.00-01.00 am||: drive to the Ijen parking area|
|01.00-02.30 am||: hiking to the Ijen crater rim|
|02.30-03.00 am||: down the crater for blue fire|
|03.00-04.00 am||: experience the blue fires|
|04.00-05.00 am||: back to the crater rim|
|05.00-06.00 am||: enjoy the view over the acidic lake and sunrise|
|06.00-07.00 am||: back to the parking area|
|07.00-08.00 am||: breakfast|
|08.00-04.00 pm||: back to Bali ( Ubud )|
|4.00 PM||: finish the program|
- 1 pax: IDR. 3.200.000
- 2 pax: IDR. 1.887.000/pax
- 3 pax: IDR. 1.543.000/pax
- 4 pax: IDR. 1.453.000/pax
- 5 pax: IDR. 1.424.000/pax
- 6 pax: IDR. 1.400.000/pax
- 7 pax: IDR. 1.342.000/pax
- 8 pax: IDR. 1.220.000/pax
- 9 pax: IDR. 1.133.000/pax
- 10 pax: IDR. 998.000/pax
- Transportation from Bali to Java
- Entrance fee
- Trekking guide
- gas mask
- local breakfast
- Lunch and dinner
- tipping guide and driver
Booking your trip Now
Fast response Whatsapp to +6285748711646
If you have any questions, please contact us.
No comments yet